Friday, February 19, 2010

Random Thoughts

Hi everyone.

This is my first attempt at blogging and guess that's why the name " A New Journey". Last time I wrote something was about 25 years ago, when I was still in school. Come to think of, it wasn't all that bad. Asked to write a paragraph on 'a bad dream', I had described a real life incident of falling from the bus as a dream (in those good old days it was hep to catch a running DTC bus or so I thought) and next thing I knew, the teacher who was witness to the incident but didnot know me till then, described the incident in full detail with tears in her eyes to my father who happened to visit my school a few days later. No prizes for guessing as to what happened later.

But I am not here to talk about myself. Not that I don't want to but because I know no one would be interested. So lets talk about some recent happenings.

Just read Abhishek Bachchan tweeting about how irresponsible media can get and that too about an issue as personal as pregnancy of a woman. Abhishek or for that matter, the entire Bachchan family has good reasons to feel aggrieved. The newspaper in question did publish Ashwairya's denial statement today rejecting outright the story published by the same newapaper a day before. But now a website has published its own interpretation of Ash's denial. Makes me wonder, what are the qualifications required to be a Film journalist. Guess, a fancy imagination would definitely be one of the most important one.

That's all for the day. Bore you soon with some more of my random thoughts. Bye till then.

2 comments:

  1. well the more celebrities hide the inquisitiveness grows...recently abhishek n his wife were interviewed by oprah...and the question asked was u stay with yr parents how does it work...AB answers u dont stay with yr parents how does dat work...for that moment it sounded ok but then wen u think bak it was such an immature reply...n den followed the q abt her pregnancy n so on..people will intervene irrespective of the fact whether u r famous or not...i think simplicity openness kills curiosity...but yea media does go overboard leading to death for eg.Diana. but see media wrote u read.. u blogged...n i commented...so dats dat..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for leaving a comment.

    In a way you are right.They write or show what sells. And if that means entering into someone's bedroom... so be it. Guess if people didn't like it then India TV would have closed shop by now.

    But may be... may be.. they could be a little more responsible.

    ReplyDelete